· Concrete sidewalk installation along west side of Tower Drive
o A majority of the standard concrete sidewalk on the west side of Tower Drive is completed.
o Primary locations remaining include the intersections of Wolverine Drive, Sable Drive, and Valor Drive
· Concrete sidewalk installation along Navy Boulevard
· Stamped and colored concrete sidewalk along west side of Tower Drive
o A majority of the colored and stamped concrete on the west side of Tower Drive is completed with the exception of a few areas where additional work still needs to be completed.
· Removal of sidewalk and ramp/staircase removal along north side of Aviator from Tower to Patriot Boulevard
· Began construction of retaining wall along the north side of Aviator from Tower to Patriot Boulevard
o Doors to RA Sushi along Aviator Drive are closed due to construction.
o Access to RA Sushi is available through patio doors off of Patriot Boulevard
o Sidewalk along north side of Aviator is closed, please use sidewalk on south side of street
· Electrical conduits, foundations, hand-holes, and pulling of electrical wires continues
· Irrigation piping installation on-going
The orange construction fence along the west side of Tower Drive has largely been removed now that the majority of the concrete sidewalk and stamped and colored sidewalk is completed. As the remaining concrete sidewalk is completed, more of the temporary ramps and orange fencing will be removed to provide pedestrian access.
Thank you to all the businesses along the west side of Tower Drive for your patience and understanding during the construction process on that side of the street.
Work to be completed June 6th to June 10th
· Concrete sidewalk removal along EAST side of Tower Drive from Navy Boulevard to Aviator Lane
o Adjacent to buildings
o Temporary access will be provided to all doors following concrete sidewalk removal
· Pour concrete sidewalk along EAST side of Tower Drive from Navy Boulevard to Aviator Lane
o Adjacent to buildings approximately 8 feet
o Work scheduled to be begin during late afternoon and early evening hours of Tuesday June 7th and Wednesday, June 8th and will be completed as soon as possible.
o Individual businesses will be coordinated with to determine restricted access to doorways
· Begin removal of concrete sidewalk from installed concrete to concrete curb & gutter on EAST side of Tower Drive from Navy Boulevard to Aviator Lane.
· Concrete sidewalk on west side of Tower Drive near intersections of Wolverine Drive and Sable Drive.
· Complete construction of retaining wall along north side of Aviator Lane between Tower Drive and Patriot Boulevard
· Concrete sidewalk and steps on north side of Aviator
· Continued electrical installations of conduits, foundations, hand-holes, and wiring on west side of Tower Drive
· Continue irrigation piping installation on west side of Tower DriveWe understand the inconvenience this construction project causes to those business directly adjacent to the work being performed, residents living in the neighborhood, and businesses within the entire Glen Town Center. Please understand the Village will do everything possible to minimize these inconveniences to the greatest extent possible. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Due to the construction schedules and completion timeframes, the contractor will begin working most Saturdays. The contractor has been granted permission by Village staff to begin work at 8:00 AM on Saturdays to avoid the busiest times of the day. The contractor anticipates being completed with their work by 3:00 PM.