· Sidewalk removal on the east side of Tower Drive from Valor Drive to Navy Blvd.
· Prep and pour sidewalk adjacent to the buildings on the east side of Tower Drive from Valor Drive to Navy Blvd
· Prep and pour concrete sidewalk and driveways at the following locations:
o South side of Valor Drive east of Tower Drive
o North side of Sable Drive
o Tower Drive in front of Eggsperience
o Tower Drive access to rear parking garage
· Removed and poured required curb & gutter along Tower Drive from Valor Drive to Navy Blvd.
· Sealed previously installed stamped and colored concrete
· Install electrical conduit and lighting accessories on the north side of Sable Drive
· Install irrigation conduits on the north side of Sable Drive
Construction activity scheduled for next week, July 18th to July 22nd
· Remove and replace vandalized concrete sidewalk along Valor Drive and Tower Drive
· Remove and replace driveways to parking garages on north side of Sable Drive
· Pour concrete curb & gutter along Tower Drive
· Remove remaining sidewalk along Valor Drive east of Tower Drive
· Excavate for planter beds
· Install concrete curbing around planter beds on Tower Drive and Valor Drive
· Remove concrete sidewalk along north side of Wolverine Drive
· Install electrical conduit and lighting accessories along Sable Drive, Wolverine Drive, Tower Drive, and Valor Drive
· Install irrigation conduits along Sable Drive, Wolverine Drive, Tower Drive, and Valor Drive
· Begin installing irrigation piping and spray heads along Tower DriveAnticipated work in future weeks:
· Week of July 25th
o Pour remaining concrete sidewalk along Tower Drive from Navy Blvd to Valor Drive
o Pour remaining concrete sidewalk along Valor Drive
o Pour stamped and colored concrete along Valor Drive and Tower Drive.
· Prior to Arts Festival on August 5th
o All concrete sidewalk previously removed will be replaced along Tower Drive, Valor Drive, Sable Drive, and Wolverine Drive
· Early September
o Landscape restoration with new trees and perennials in the planting beds.
o Due to more favorable growing conditions
This past week had a few unfortunate circumstances that caused some significant issues for businesses throughout the project area. On Friday, July 15th, power was lost for an extended period of time for all businesses along the west side of Tower Drive. The exact cause for the power outage is still being determined. The major priority at this point is to get power restored as quickly as possible. We understand the major affect this had on all the businesses in the area and will continue to work to determine the cause for the outage.
Also, sections of newly poured concrete sidewalk along Tower Drive and Valor Drive were damaged due to some unfortunate circumstances. Several sections of concrete were vandalized prior to the concrete setting and similarly several sections were exposed to unexpected weather conditions. These areas of sidewalk will need to be removed and replaced. The contractor anticipates to complete this work next week. The businesses affected by this additional work will be notified prior to the work beginning.
· All businesses are open during construction!
· Surface parking spots are limited. Parking in garages is strongly encouraged.